I have shared the links of all Gokulashtami recipes below.Please click on the picture to view the respective recipes.Hope u find it useful !
Other than the above mentioned recipes,U can also make Rice payasam,Urad dal vada and Some laddoo varieties if interested.
- Paal payasam
- Sago/Javvarisi payasam
- Easy rava payasam
- Easy Rava ladoo
- Easy coconut ladoo
- Easy moongdal ladoo
- Mixed Millet ladoo
- 20 Payasam Varieties
- Urad dal vada
TIPS TO AVOID BURSTING OF SEEDAI
Most of us are afraid of making seedai just because it bursts. But when u follow these tips properly,seedai never burst & it comes out super crunchy and tasty.Here are some of the tips i learnt from my mom & MIL to avoid bursting and to make a perfect sweet seedai & salt seedai recipes.Happy Krishna jayanthi :)
- U must roast the wet flour for few minutes in low flame if u are using homemade processed rice flour.For store bought rice flour, this step is not needed.
- First important thing to avoid bursting is to “SIEVE” the flour once or twice. U should sieve all the flour ( urad dal flour, rice flour). Sieving the flour properly reduces 90% of bursting.
- Secondly u should not roll the seedai very tightly. U should roll it to a loose ball using three fingers.No problem if its not a proper round..
- One more tip is to prick the seedai with a small needle to avoid bursting..Dry the seedai in a paper or towel for 20 mins before frying.This is also very important.
- Beginners can try deep frying few seedai in “small tempering kadai” .If it comes out well , proceed in a big kadai.Color variations may be there slightly. But u can check whether it bursts or disperses in oil..
- If sweet seedai breaks or dissolves in oil , it means jaggery may be more or oil temperature is too high or too low.
- If Seedai bubbles too much after u drop into oil ,it shows the fat ( ghee or butter or oil) content is more..So add more rice flour to the dough & make again..
- The color of seedai depends on the color of urad dal flour. If u roast the dal to golden brown ,seedai will also turn brown.
- Uniform heating is also important. In my observation , i feel low to medium flame is enough to get a nice colored and crispy seedais.
Check out these links for my sweet seedai & uppu seedai recipes :
WISH U ALL A VERY HAPPY KRISHNA JAYANTHI CELEBRATION .
ENJOY WITH SEEDAI & MURUKKU .
Very good recipes Tags: Gokulashtami recipes, Gokulashtami recipes Tamil, Krishna jayanthi special recipes, Sri krishna jayanthi recipes, Janmashtami recipes, Seedai recipes, Paal payasam recipe, Happy krishna jayanthi