How you cook your potato chips depends on a number of different things: what equipment you have available, how much time you want to take, and what kind of potato chips you like.
In general, deep-fried potato chips turn out crispier and more oily, while baked potato chips are often drier and crunchier. Microwave potato chips, while still good, are often made by people who want their potato chips quickly. So i’ve posted all the three methods.
- Potato – 2 nos (medium)
- Chat masala – 1/2 tsp (increase according to ur taste)
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp (-do-)
- Amchoor powder /Dry mango powder– a pinch (optional)
- Salt – as needed
- Oil – To deep fry.
- Wash your potatoes thoroughly with cold water and dry them with a paper towel.
- Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler .
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices using either a sharp kitchen knife or a vegetable slicer(i used one of the designed moulds in the slicer).
- In a plate or bowl, mix the chat masala ,salt and red chilly powder together and set aside.
- Pour 2 cups of oil into a frying pan and heat it.
- Add a batch of potato slices at a time to frying pan and cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until the chips are firm and browned by flipping it in the middle(or until the bubbles get ceased).
- Remove the chips from the frying pan and let them dry out on a paper towel.
- Now add the mixed powder to it when its hot.Shake the bowl well for even mixing(take care the chips should not break)
- Repeat this process for all of the potato slices that you've cut.
- Coat the potato slices with oil by hand or with a sauce brush.
- Sprinkle them with powder which we have kept ready.
- Pre-heat your oven to around 400 degrees F.
- Place the potato chips on a baking tray (evenly spaced out).
- Bake the potato chips for 10 - 15 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Flip them over halfway through the baking.
- Take them out of the oven, let them cool off, and serve.
- Sprinkle more powder if required.
I’ve tried 1st & 3 rd method.2nd one yet to try,i took this method from a site.I would say ,MW method is the best among the two methods which I've tried ( donno about bake method) because it consumes very less oil and turns out more crispy and can be quickly prepared.The crispness remains the next day too.But if the quantity is more,u should do it in batches.
CRUCHY VEG SALAD
I used to ask her for different snacks & side dishes .This snack brought me a good name from my husband and FIL.. She gave me the confidence to cook:)
Now coming to the recipe,u all may be thinking how a salad could be crunchy ?.yes,its a salad made with KURKURE.I think most of u do this in weekends;) Crunchy kurkure pieces in between the grated vegetables tastes excellent..:)
Very simple ingredients and can be made in a jiffy.Tastes great and healthy too:)
- Kurkure – 1 small packet ( Any flavor is ok) ( i used green rajasthani )
- Grated carrot – 1 cup
- Grated big onion –3/4 cup
- Grated beetroot – 1/2 cup (increase if u like adding it more)
- Lemon juice – few drops.
- Coriander leaves – to garnish.
- Salt ( Optional )
- Grate all the vegetables and keep aside.
- Break the kurkure into small pieces in a bowl.
- Just before serving,mix all the grated veggies with broken kurkure pieces and add 2 –3 drops of lemon( Don’t add more,it will become bitter) in a big vessel and mix it well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Transfer the contents to the serving bowl with a spoon!!.