Nowadays i am using karisilankanni keerai in my cooking twice a week for health reasons. I make kootu and this chapathi.But i would say,we love this chapathi more than kootu ;) It is very easy to prepare.I make this for my hubby's lunch box. It stays softfor hours and onion raita is the best side dish. I use the same method to prepare palak and other keerai chapathis.
1 cup - 200ml
- Karisalankanni leaves- 1 bunch
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Besan flour - 1 tbsp
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Curd - 1/5 cup ( adjust)
- Olive oil - 1 tsp
- Salt -as needed
- water - As needed
- Wash the leaves .Heat the kadai with a tsp of oil and saute the leaves till it reduces to half in quantity.
- Grind to make a smooth paste by adding little curd . Now in a bowl , take the wheat flour,besan flour , sambhar & garam masala powder,salt and water.Knead well to make a soft , pliable dough.
- Roll to make thin chapathi and toast on a dosa tawa.
- Serve hot with onion raita and pickle.
Technorati Tags: Keerai chapathi,Spinach chapathi,Karisalankanni keerai. yellow karisalankanni keerai chapathi