- Besan – 1cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (Powdered)
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts – 4-5 nos (chopped)
- Almond ( Badam) – 2-3 nos (chopped)
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Method1. Roast cahews in 1 tsp of ghee. set aside. Melt the remaining ghee in a pan. Simmer the flame.
2. Add besan part by part and mix it well. Keep in low flame. Keep stirring to avoid burning. Roast it.
3. When the nice aroma comes, remove from heat and warm it.
4. Add the powdered sugar and cardamom to it and mix well. ( If needed run everything once in the mixie for even mixing)
5. Add the nuts and shape the mixture into small ball when warm..
- Make sure the besan is roasted well .Otherwise it would smell raw.
- If u r not able to make balls , add 1 tbsp of ghee and make balls.. Adding less ghee than the mentioned quantity gives dry balls..Adding more ghee makes the balls soggy.It wont be firm. U can also try adding little milk to make balls but shelf life gets reduced..
- Adjust the sugar according to ur taste buds. U can use maximum of 3/4 cup but 1/2 cup would be sufficient. Before shaping the balls , just taste it and add more if u need..
|Besan : |
Calculated for 1 cup Calories 356
Calories from Fat 55g (15%) Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 6.2g 9%
Saturated Fat 0.6g 3%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 58mg 2%
Potassium 778mg 22%
Total Carbohydrate 53.2g 17% Dietary Fiber 9.9g 39%
Protein 20.6g 41%
I am very happy in sending this entry to JFI: chickpea event
hosted by Ms of Sometime foodie and an event started by Indira of Mahanandi.
Also sending this to cooking for kids event by sharmi of neivedyam.