I tried this gravy from Mrs. Mallika Badrinath’s 100 Vegetarian Gravies book.Actually i tried Yeast free Naan from Raji’s blog..But i made in less quantity(only 4)..So i prepared chapathi too..This korma tasted excellent for both.!!
- Dried Peas (Soak for 8 hrs ) - 1 cup (Fresh green peas is also good)
- Tomato – 5 nos
- Big onion- 3 -4 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cardamom seeds – 1 no
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2-3 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 2 tsp (increase if u want more)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp (its not given in the actual recipe but i added it. It gives a restaurant kinda flavor. its ur choice of using it )
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera/cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Butter OR cooking oil – 2tbsp
- Salt & water – as needed.
- Sugar - a pinch
- Coriander leaves – to garnish
- Fresh cream – little to add before serving
- Heat a kadai with little oil and roast the cumin and fenugreek seeds till light golden brown and powder it.Keep aside.
- Grind tomatoes and onion to make a smooth paste.
- Heat a kadai with butter and add the spices to it.Then add the ground tomato,onion paste.Saute till the ghee floats on top..saute in low flame.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste ,coriander powder,red chilly powder and little sugar, tomato sauce diluted in little water..Fry for sometime till nice aroma wafts..
- Finally add the soaked peas and transfer everything into a cooker..
- Once the peas gets cooked, add the powdered cumin,fenugreek seeds.Mix it well .Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Add the fresh cream just before serving!!
Yummy kurma is ready!!
When your mom told you to eat your peas, she knew what she was talking about. Peas flaunt twice the protein of most vegetables, so they're the ideal substitute for fattier protein fare, providing an excellent strategy for controlling your fat intake.
TRIED & TASTED:
I tried this palak rice for my husband’s lunch box from Mangala’s blog ..It was very good..I just followed the same except the number of chillies.My husband liked it very much and i’ve decided to make it often..Thanks Mangala,i’ve got a healthy lunch box recipe from u …Please don’t underrate the recipe by seeing this worst picture....I should have taken with more care..I was in a hurry..I am sorry Urs was amazing mangala..Actually speaking i got attracted by that picture and bookmarked the recipe..Ur presentation was excellent.Hats off!!
Catch u all with my next post……Bye