**Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Cut all the vegetables of 1.5 inch size.Put everything in water until use.
- Grind all the items given under “to grind” with little water. First run the coconut & chillies together to make a paste, Then add the small onions & jeera and run the mixie once or twice to crush it.
- In a wide mouthed bowl , take the carrot , drum stick and beans.Add water just for the vegetables to immerse and allow it to cook for sometimes by covering the bowl with a lid.
- After it is half cooked , add the potato , raw banana, brinjal . Make sure the vegetables are not over cooked.It should not be mushy. Total cooking time would be 20-25 mins in med high flame.
- Check the amount of water in between otherwise the veggies would be burnt.
- After all the veggies are cooked , if there is remaining water allow it to drain by boiling well for few mins.
- Finally add the ground coconut paste, turmeric powder, salt, curry leaves & coconut oil .. Toss well and simmer the flame.Allow it to boil for 5 mins.
- Before switching off the flame add the curd , mix well and switch off the flame.
- Temper the mustard seeds and add to aviyal.
- Cover it with a lid to retain the flavour and aroma.
Yummy , aromatic , flavourful aviyal is ready to enjoy with sambhar rice..!!