I had this vermicelli @ my mom’s place when i was pregnant …We generally prepare semiya/vermicelli made from maida/Wheat..This one is a healthy replacement..Taste wise no compromise too,, Very easy to make and weight watchers should include this in their diet..Filling one..The sweet version is for kids..I am sure they will like it..:)
Ingredients FOR SWEET VERSION:
- Ragi vermicelli – 100gms (I used ANIL )
- Sugar – 2 - 4 tsp (adjust)
- Cardamom – 2 pods (Powdered)
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Soak ragi vermicelli in plain water for 3 mins with little salt ..Don’t soak more than 3 mins because it will become gooey.
- Drain the water completely and steam cook the vermicelli using idly plates..
- Cook for 5-7 mins.Remove and let it cool.
- Then take the cooled vermicelli in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients…
- Mix it well..and serve !!
Ingredients FOR SPICY VERSION:
- Ragi vermicelli – 100 gms
- Big onion - 1 no (finely chopped)
- Green chilly – 1-2 nos (slit cut)
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – a few drops
- Salt – as required
- Follow the steps 1-3 given in the sweet version.
- Heat a kadai with a tsp of oil and add the mustard seeds.Once it starts to pop,add the urad dal,channa dal,big onion ,green chilly and curry leaves.
- Saute it well..Then add the steamed vermicelli and toss it well…Adjust the salt..
- Remove from the flame and add the lime juice ..Mix well and serve hot !!
Protein 7.3 g
Total preparation time: 15 minutes
I am very happy in sending this post to EC’s WYF:Breakfast event..
Kreativ Blogger award
I received this award from my friends HCOF,Sreevidya,
Pinky , Ashwini and EC..Thanks a lot darlings for passing me this honorable award..I am really moved..Iam really excited because this is the first award passed to me by 5 blogger friends..I am very much grateful to u all..Thanks a ton..
The rules for this award are :
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they
have been nominated.
Now coming to the seven known/unknown things about me which u may or may not find it interesting
- I love to chat with my friends for hours over phone..Never care about the bill..(Poor hubby who is paying the bill :) )
- I like to watch megaaaaaaa serials / movies that is fast moving (without boring (rambam podaama ))!! Good , there are some serials like this..Hope it will continue in the same manner..
- I love to cook all kinds of cuisine and i really got bored in having the same type of food everyday…
- Nowadays i really struggle a lot to take better pictures for my blog..Do u find any improvements/differences in my pics ?I am Stillllllllll learning about photography..At this point i should thank my Sister-in-Law who has really encouraged and still helping me a lot to take good pictures by giving suggestions.. And also i must thank Lubna for giving me some nice articles about photography…Thanks a ton lubna..They are really useful and soon i’ll implement it..
- I am a day dreamer ..My long time day dream is to lead a life in US at least for a year or 2 ..Whenever i see some snaps of places u all post after finishing a trip around US , I really make a heavy sigh…Hope my dream will come true
- I love to do window shopping..I like to visit to all the jewelry shops and silk sari showrooms just to enquire the rate but dont buy anything..But my hubby never allowed me to do this..He enters the shop only to buy..
- I am crazy about our Maestro Ilayaraja’s music..I will forget myself if i listen to his melodies in an ear phone..Great Musician..Evergreen songs
I am very glad in passing these awards to only 7 of my blogger friends (As per the rule)..
Please accept ur well deserved award !!
Catch u all in my next post