- Basmati rice – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 cup (Little less than 1 cup for fluffy rice)
- Carrot , beans , peas and potato – 1 cup (chopped )
- Green chilly - 2 nos (slit cut )
- Ginger – 1 inch size (Chopped finely )
- Garlic – 5 flakes( –do-) OR use ginger. garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Big onion –1 no (-do-)
- Cinnamon – a small stick
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Bay leaf – A small leaf
- Jeera – 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Roasted cashew – to garnish
- Wash and chop all the veggies and set aside.
- Wash and soak the rice in required water.(i soaked for 30 mins)Do not drain the water.
- In a broad kadai , add oil , jeera and the spices in the same order.
- Add the ginger , garlic pieces ..saute well and then add the finely chopped onions.Saute till it becomes transparent.
- Finally add the chopped vegetables and the required salt.
- Mix well and add the rice with soaked water.(the water should be 1 cup )
- Transfer everything into a cooker and add 2 tsp of ghee to it.
- Cover and Cook for 1 whistle.
KITCHEN CLINIC :
important nutrients. To get the maximum health benefits, experts recommend eating a variety of fruits and vegetables along with other natural foods.
CINNAMON & CLOVES:-
KADAI OKRA FROM SRIKAR’S KITCHEN
Thank u so much srikar for this yummy , delicious kadai okra ..I had with plain rice and it was very nice .