My neighbor gave me a homemade health mix powder and told me to make dosa with it. It tasted excellent. My hubby loved it.Its color & taste is similar to ragi dosa.I prepared tomato chutney as accompaniment.I asked her the ingredients of the powder,ground in mill and kept it.I make this once in a week nowadays instead of the usual ragi dosa .Try this , iam sure u’ll love this healthy dosa.
- Ragi – 1 kg
- Urad dal – 250gms
- Moong dal – 125 gms
- Toor dal – 125 gms
- Jeera – 2 tbsp
- Pepper corns – 3 tbsp
For dosa :
- Health mix powder – 1 cup
- Sour curd – 1/4 cup
- Salt & water – As needed
- Whole Pepper corns – Few (if required)
- Take one cup of health mix powder in a wide mouthed bowl and add the sour curd , salt , pepper corns with required water .
- Mix well to make a dosa batter consistency.I made it watery to get a crispy dosa.
- Heat a dosa tawa and pour the batter in a circular manner from outwards.
- Drizzle little oil and cook on both sides.
Enjoy eating this crispy , lacy , hot dosa with tomato or coconut chutney !!
If u want to prepare the dosa instantly , u need to add the curd for sour taste.If u prepare the batter before 3-4 hrs , no need to use the curd.It will be fermented by the time u make dosa.So please use the ingredients accordingly.
KITCHEN CLINIC :
|RAGI : |
Finger millet , also known as African millet or Ragi.
Protein 7.3 g