- Soggy puffed rice – 2 cups ( u can use even if its fresh & crispy)
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Fried gram dal / pottukadalai – 1 tbsp
- Garlic flakes – 7 nos ( slightly crushed with skin)
- Sambar powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt & turmeric powder – A pinch
- Take a wide mouthed kadai and add 2 tsp of ghee. When it becomes hot ,add the sambar powder , salt , turmeric powder and slightly crushed garlic flakes ( no need to peel the skin) curry leaves and fried gram dal .Fry everything for a moment . Nice aroma arises.Keep the flame low.
- Now add the puffed rice , toss it once and switch off the flame.
- Mix it well with the fire off and allow it to remain in the kadai for sometime to become crispy.
|PUFFED RICE : |
Puffed rice is a very popular cereal relished as a spicy and healthy snack. Puffed rice is a type of puffed grain made from rice; usually made by heating rice kernels under high pressure in the presence of steam, though the method of manufacture varies widely.
Puffed rice is used in snack foods and breakfast cereals, and is also a popular street food in some parts of the world. It is an ingredient of bhel puri, a popular Indian chaat item
" Puffed rice is light and dry, ideal for obese people, as it is very low in calories and gives a feeling of fullness.
" Puffed rice is high in iron and easy to digest.
" It is an ideal and flexible snack food for a wheat and gluten-free diet.