I wanted to try thogayal with mullangi for a long time.We all usually make sambar , poriyal & roti . I tried this way to make thogayal . It tasted yummy when mixed with plain rice & ghee.I dint find the raw smell at all.Try this ladies !! I am sure u’ll love it..
- Radish – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Red chilly – 4 - 5 nos
- Tamarind – Small gooseberry size
- Urad dal – 1.5 tsp
- Ginger – 1/4 inch piece ( cut into small pieces )
- Salt & water – as needed.
- Cooking oil – As needed.
- Peel the skin & grate the radish.Saute radish with ginger in 1 tbsp of oil till it gets cooked . Saute in low flame .Then remove & set aside.
- Roast the red chilly & urad dal with hing using 1 tbsp of oil.
- Grind everything with tamarind, salt & water.