- Semolina/Rava / Sooji - 1 cup
- Sour Curd – 1/4 cup ( OR 1/2 cup of buttermilk)
- Big onion – 1 no (Finely chopped )
- Green chilly – 1-2 no (-do-)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (-do-)
- Curry leaves – a few (-do-)
- Coriander leaves – Few (-do-)
- Salt & water – As needed.
- Mix all the ingredients given above in a bowl. Add water to make the batter slightly thicker than idly batter.
- Now in a dosa tawa , pour the batter & spread it with ur hands or spatula. ( if u find difficult to spread , add more water.)
- Drizzle little oil around it.Cover & cook for sometime.
- Flip it & cook for some more time.
For variations u can also use sour buttermilk instead of curd & water ..
|SEMOLINA : |
Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat used in making pasta, and also used for breakfast cereals and puddings.
Nutrition and Calories in SemolinaWater content (grams per 100g) 12.67
Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 360
Protein content (grams per 100g) 12.68
Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 1.05
Ash content (grams per 100g) 0.77
Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 72.83
Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) 3.9
Sugar content (grams per 100g) N/A.
This contains very low Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is a good source of Thiamin and Folate, and a very good source of Selenium.