- Left over idlies – 5 nos ( cube cut )
- Big onion – 1 no (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 nos (-do-)
- Green chilly - 1 no ( finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/2 no
- Red chilly powder– 1/2 tsp
- Dhania powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – As needed.
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
Coriander leaves - few
- Heat a kadai with 2 tbsp of oil and shallow fry the cube cut idly pieces.( u can also deep fry)Set aside.
- In the same kadai, add a tbsp of oil and temper the items given above.
- Now add the chopped onion , saute well.Add green chilly ,curry leaves & capsicum pieces.Saute well.
- Then add tomato pieces and saute till it becomes mushy.
- Finally add red chilly powder , turmeric powder , garam masala powder & salt. Mix well.
- Now add the shallow fried idlies and toss well .
In the actual recipe, the idlies are deep fried .But for health concern, i shallow fried the idlies.For kids , u can deep dry & do.So its ur choice of making it.