I am sending this red hot spicy chutney to click event conducted by Jai & Bee of Jugalbandhi.
Very easy to make . Those who loves to eat hot n spicy can give a try!! We do this whenever we (me & my MIL) our tongue tickles for hot ,spicy food
Here comes the simple ingredients:
- Red Chilly – 7 nos
- Medium size Lemon – Half
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame /Gingely Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Asafetida/Hing – a pinch
How to make:
- Grind the red chillies with the required salt and water to make a paste.
- Season with mustard,urad dal , curry leaves and hing.
- Finally squeeze half of the lemon into it. Mix it well.check for salt.
- Delicious and spicy chutney is ready!!
- Can be served with idly & dosa by adding sesame/gingely oil.
Note: This chutney can also be made by adding small gooseberry size tamarind instead of lemon juice.U have to saute & add finely chopped small onions.Try this for variation..
|Red Chilly: |
This chutney also goes to Chutney/Dip mania event,here @ Mane Adige hosted by ramya