- Raw mango – 2 cups ( grated)
- Green chilly – 2 nos ( slit cut)
- Red chilly – 3-4 nos ( pinched into two)
- Methi seeds –3/4 tsp ( roast & powder)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Hing – 1 tsp
- Salt – As required
- Cooking oil – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Channa dal –2 tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
Basmati rice – 1/2 cup ( i used steamed rice with water & rice ratio of 2.5 : 1)
Water – 1 cup
Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Grate the mangoes and set aside.
- In a kadai , dry roast the methi seeds till it turns brown and powder it.
- In the same kadai , add the cooking oil and splutter mustard seeds , urad dal , channa dal , green chillies , red chillies & half of hing , curry leaves..
- Then add the grated mango and turmeric powder & saute well till its cooked nicely.
- Add the remaining hing and methi seeds powder..Saute for sometime and switch off the flame.Take the paste and store it in an air tight container after it cools down.
- Pressure cook rice and water in 1:2 ratio . Remove and allow it to cool.
Enjoy with papad !!