Hi friends,today’s post is just a compilation of South Indian chutney recipes I have in my blog.Recently a reader requested me to share all the chutney recipes of my blog under one page for easy reference.Then I realized I had posted nearly 45+ varieties of chutneys as side dish for idli,dosa. Generally we Tamil people make idli, dosa thrice in a week.So whenever I make idli dosa for breakfast, i used to hit my head thinking about the side dish to prepare . Basically I love making different & tasty side dish for idli and dosa.And my search ended up with 48 chutney recipes here.I have categorized varieties of chutney recipes as Coconut chutney recipes, Green chutney, Red chutney, Tomato chutney recipes, Onion chutney recipes, Spicy chutneys, Chutney without coconut, Andhra peanut chutney recipes, Quick & easy chutney recipes, Curry leaves chutney, mixed vegetable chutney recipe, Radish chutney, mango chutney recipe, Garlic chutney, Travel chutney recipes,Chat chutney, momo chutney, some thokku recipes like tomato thokkku, tomato onion thokku and few more for easy selection.Most of these recipes are easy to make in busy morning hours and can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.I have also shared my tips on how to make white colored coconut chutney, greenish mint & coriander chutneys and Bright reddish tomato chutneys based on my experience.I hope this post will be useful for beginners who look for varieties of side dish recipes for idli,dosa.Friends,do try these varieties of chutneys all through the month and take credits from your family members .Ok,lets see the different types of chutney recipes below with tips.
TIPS TO MAKE CHUTNEYS
These are the tips i generally follow to make my chutneys easily & to look colorful.I hope these tips would be useful for beginners & bachelors.Experts,do share your tips in my comment section.It would be helpful for all of us.
DO’s & DONT’s TO MAKE WHITE COCONUT CHUTNEYDO’s:
1. Always use fresh grated coconut, little brown coating of shell skin is ok to use. More coconut less pottukadalai/Fried gram is also a must for white chutneys.
2. Less water for Khatti (thick )chutney, add only if its necessary to run your mixie.
3. Indian mixer or small jars are a must.
4. Use small green chillies and always use less green chillies for white color chutney and increase the spiciness by tempering with more red chillies.
1. Ready made flakes or desiccated flakes or frozen grated coconut will work but don't expect taste and color. Mostly yuck, pale white color with oily look.In that case,follow the above tip I mentioned for winter season.
2. No microwaving for reheating, just thaw to bring back to room temperature. Reheating makes it release more oil and which results in stinky coconut smell.
3. Blender will not work for thick chutney and adding more water will make it thin but consistency will be still coarse.
TIPS TO MAKE COLORFUL RED & GREEN CHUTNEYS
I am sure these chutneys would make your breakfast yummier ! Do try it & let me know your feedback